For Paypal, Credit Card online payment (Visa & Master Card) choose option below.
French checks in euros are still another way of paying the annual membership. They should be sent to the regular address.
Thank you for your support.
Requesting pujas, prayers and ceremonies at Shenten Dargye Ling
Keeping a long-preserved Tibetan tradition, Shenten Dargye Ling offers to its sangha members different religious services, including the possibility to request pujas, prayers and ceremonies, to be performed by our Geshes and Lamas upon request.
Traditionally, these rituals based on Bonpo ritual cycles are performed for the deceased, for the health of the living, for blessings during times of trouble, for removing obstacles and fulfilling wishes, for ritual purifications or for other personal reasons, including individual or family life events. A person, a family or a community normally sponsors the performance of these rituals.
In Shenten, requests can be made for specific Bon prayer ceremonies or ancient rituals to be performed for the benefit of other person(s), living or deceased. In general terms, all of them are important for the accumulation of merits.
They can be request for one self or for a friend or a family member.
In both Tibetan Buddhist and Bon tradition, traditionally people make offerings for requesting prayers and pujas. Some pujas involved expenses that are covered by the person requesting the puja, including the costs of the materials used for the rituals, as well as the food and an offering for the performing lamas.
The main pujas and ceremonies are as follows:
- Long life ritual
- Soul retrieval practice with long life ritual: For the retrieval of the soul. Specially indicated for healing one's vital energy and to help persons with long lasting sicknesses, or who are faced with a sudden dangerous situation.
- 100 Ganapuja offering for Jamma: For any purposes, for accumulation of merits, for protecting or removing obstacles or fears, for promoting fertility
- 100 Ganapuja offering of Sipdai Gyalmo/ Yeshe Walmo: For protection or healing purposes, in cases of facing sudden obstacles, to obtain a successful business and to ensure a safe journey.
- Healing ritual of negative energies: For healing of negative energies and obstacle energies, particularly those caused by negative spirits.
- Red Garuda Ganapuja: For healing purposes, particularly in cases of infectious diseases. For overcoming any other problems or sicknesses that might be caused by nagas or any other of the eight classes of spirits. It is also performed for obtaining good harvest and to prevent natural disasters, for example as a protection from storms.
- The fourfold mandala offering ritual of Jamma: Mainly performed for the accumulation of merits, particularly in cases of long lasting sicknesses, to bring more auspicious conditions within the family and friends, a country, etc. It is also performed in order for a couple to have a child and for having good success in business, or negotiations, or settling some business, etc.
- Protection and Obstacle removing ritual of Jamma: The ritual consists of a Ganapuja performed during the first day and a ritual the second day. 100 pujas are offered for Jamma, with the purpose of removing very strong obstacles related to health or external obstacles, and for removing obstacles caused by curses, black magic, etc. It is also requested for obtaining a purification of the negative energies and emotions.
- Prosperity ritual: to bring prosperity, good energy, good business and anything related to prosperity.
Other rituals that can be requested include:
Divinations: if in the divination certain obstacles are seen, then specific rituals are requested.
In order to ask for divination you need to have some reason. But you can also request a general family divination, even if there is no particular problem.
You can also request a life astrological chart, and other astrological charts. Traditionally people must make certain offering, according to their wish. Make sure you give certain offering to ask for divination. This is to make connection.
Rituals and prayers for the deceased: Please provide the name of the person. Prayer requests are customarily accompanied by an offering. Donations of any size are welcomed.
If you need assistance deciding which puja to request, and the suggested minimum donations to cover the costs involved in the pujas, please contact the resident lamas and explain the circumstance.
How to reach the center
From Paris take the A10 motorway towards Chartres
then get on Motorway A11 towards Nantes - Angers
A little before Angers take the A85 motorway towards Saumur
Take exit no.2 towardsd Longué, Jumelles (toll from Paris : 23,50€)
Got to Longué and follow the signs to Blou.
keep on D938 for 1,8kms
turn left and keep on N147 for 1,8kms
turn left onto Route de Blou/D53 for 250 metres
keep on D53 for 1 km
turn right and keep on D206 for 2 kms
Before arriving in Blou you will see a large sequoïa tree close to a small chateau. This is it.
The entrance is by the car park.
The nearest station is Saumur (15kms)
There are many connections with Paris, either via Angers (TGV + TER) or via Tours (TGV or Corail + TER)
It takes between 1h40 and 2h30 by TGV and costs between 41 and 56€. Make sure you use the right station, TGV leave from Paris-Montparnasse.
N.B. there is one TGV per day direct Paris-Montparnasse to Saumur. Departure 18h40 (6.40p.m.) arrival 20h29 (8.29p.m.)
The Corail trains take longer (approx. 3 hrs) but cost less : 32€. Make sure you use the right station, Corail from Paris-Austerlitz.
Taxis charge about 30€ from Saumur station to Blou, in the daytime.
There is one line ANJOUBUS from Saumur station to Blou village
Saumur >> Noyant line 16
SAUMUR, Gare SNCF 17.57
BLOU, Place de l’Ormeau 18:16
Noyant >> Saumur
BLOU, Place de l’Ormeau 14.14
SAUMUR, Gare SNCF 14.35
3 types of tariffs are given according to your income:
- T 1: normal (income over 1500€/month)
- T 2: for persons with limited income (From 950 to 1500€/month)
- T 3 *: for persons with very low income or in difficult situation (less than 950€/month, it is necessary to provide the required documents)
* As it is important that everyone should be able to attend the teachings without depending on their income, reduced rates are offered to those who are unable to pay normal rate, provided they fulfill the required objective criteria.
The financial participation for teachings and for meals and accommodation are to be paid to two different entities:
- Fees related to the teachings are to be paid to: "Congregation Shenten Dargye Ling"
- The membership fee, as well as the payment for accommodation and meals are to be paid to:
"Association Shenten Dargye Ling"
Fee for one day of teachings
|T 1||T 2||T 3|
|Teachings||40 €||30 €||20 €|
Membership Fee for association
Shenten Dargye Ling is an association according to the (French) 1905 Law. It is legally necessary to be a member in order to take part in the activities, such as teaching retreats. Membership covers one year and included "Speech of Delight", the Shenten Dargye Ling newsletter.The membership fees are used to cover the administrative costs (mails, data-processing equipment, etc.)
|Normal fee||Reduced fee|
|Single||30 €||20 €|
The reduced fee is applied to students, people with limited income and people taking part in the activities of the center for the first time.
Accommodation fee for one person
|T 1 €1500 nett|
per month per adult
|T 2||T 3|
|Single room ( 1 bed)||30 €||_||_|
|Double room - (per person)||18 €||16 €||13 €|
|Normal room with 3 beds -
|13 €||11 €||10 €|
|Normal room with 4 beds -
|10 €||9 €||8 €|
|dormitory (8 mattress) -
|7 €||5 €||4 €|
|Camping (only 10 tents available) - (per person)||10 €||8 €||7 €|
Accommodation is free for children under 5, and half-price from 5 - 16 years old
Price for meals
|T 1||T 2||T 3|
|3 meals/ day||20 €
. Do not forget to let us know us in advance if you are a vegetarian or if you need to have a special diet: our cook will try to give you the most appropriate food.
. Children from 6 to 16 have to pay half price
Here's the way to calculate the total amount for the teaching retreat:
Teaching fee (multiplied by the number of Teaching days)
+ annual membership fee
+ accommodation fee (multiplied by the number of nights spent on site)
+ meal tariff (multiplied by the number of meals)
- Registration process
- Departure and Arrival times
- Regulations and House courtesy
- Location map
In a welcoming atmosphere Shenten Dargye Ling hosts many students every year. The organization of the retreats and teachings held, is in the hands of volunteers. They execute the work to be done in close cooperation with Yongdzin Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche and Khenpo Tenpa Yungdrung Rinpoche. The basis of the organization and regulations for Shenten Dargye Ling is to give everybody a chance to follow the precious teachings of our beloved teachers.
Shenten Dargye Ling consists of two distinctive institutes:
Shenten Dargye Ling Congregation is a monastery presided by Khenpo Tenpa Yungdrung Rinpoche, whose members are geshes and monks assisted by one Secretary and one Treasurer and technical advisors. The Congregation provides us with all the means for education and is the owner of the property, buildings and grounds in La Modtais, Blou.
Shenten Dargye Ling Association is a lay institute and consists of a president and an elected Council and a board/management team. The association organizes the retreats.
We thank you to read carefully the terms and conditions outlined in the registration process description and to follow them accordingly.
Congregation Shenten Dargye Ling
Château de la Modetais
49160 BLOU France
The registration process starts with the communication of the topics and the time-schedule of the main retreats on the website. This is followed with the possibility to register. In the website, one link will guide you to the registration form that has to be filled out completely before being submitted to the registration office. Registration is only effective when a deposit is paid. You will find all terms and conditions for payment, attending teachings, tariffs and conditions of the three different rates, conditions for accommodations at Shenten, collective taxi ride from the train station , etc. on the website. Participants will be accommodated at Shenten according to the time of accepted registration. Access to the prebooked room will be given after full payment on the day of arrival, better before 5pm or before dinner at 7pm.
The registration officer will accept cash payment, bankcard payment and cheques (only for French inhabitants).
If you would like to join the programme at Shenten Dargye Ling, please fill out the registration form. After submission of the completely filled-out form we will revert to you with the deposit due. On receipt of the deposit a confirmation will be sent to you within 6 weeks.
We strongly advice you to arrive the day before the programme starts and pay the remaining amount for attending the teachings.
If necessary a pick-up service can meet you at the railway station in Saumur. This service has to be requested via the registration form.
- Stay of the participants at Shenten is at one's own risk. The organization cannot be held responsible for theft, health or any accidents occurring.
- Follow the schedule and be on time for all the activities
- Be considerate of others while talking & maintain silence when requested
- Participate in all karma yoga
- Leave no traces either in communal areas or personal space
- Please show respect to all the Sangha
- The use of alcohol or any other substances, including tobacco, is not permitted on the site
- Appreciate all utilities as precious commodities and treat them as such
- Meet the requirement that are set before entering the teachings without delay, i.e.
- Paid for membership for the current year
- Duly filled out the retreat registration form
- Paid the full payment as defined and calculated by the registration officer
- Retreats cancellations and refunds:
- Cancellation up to 1 week before the beginning of the retreat 90% deposit back
- Cancellation within 1 week before the beginning of the retreat deposit non refundable
- Meals have to be paid beforehand (per week minimal) and can be either:
- Full meals
- Just lunch
- No refund can be given after the beginning of the teachings for meals paid
- If subscribed for only a part of the retreat an extension of stay can be submitted. To enable this registration office will be open 1 hr. per day. Extension of stay has to be paid in advance either cash or bank machine payment
- Wear your badge and show on request at the entrance of the Gompa, the dining room, etc. This badge will be given by the registration officer after full payment
- No personal pets allowed on premises
- Motor camping and car camping in the parking lot is not allowed by local ordinances (the town of Blou). This will be strictly enforced by the local authorities